Last updated: January 9, 2023
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Borlangue Managemnt S.L. (hereinafter, Borlangue) owns the Jobs for Expats website – jobs.barcelona-metropolitan.com– (the “Service”), and guarantees the protection of all personal data provided by its users in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter, GDPR) and the Spanish Organic Law of Data Protection (Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal) which adapts the Spanish legal system to the GDPR.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The fields to be completed by the users, marked as mandatory in the registration form are strictly necessary to attend to their request, the inclusion of data in the remaining fields remains voluntary.
By registering, the users guarantee that the personal data provided to Jobs for Expats is truthful and take on the responsibility of communicating any changes thereto. They also guarantee that all the personal information that provided is accurate and up to date in a way that truly reflects their current situation. It corresponds and is the users’ obligation to keep, at all times, their data updated, being solely responsible for the inaccuracy or falseness of the data provided and the damages that may be caused by this to Jobs for Expats or third parties due to the use of the services offered.
If you upload images to our website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Comments, Events and Contact forms
When users leave comments, submit job posts or fill in contact forms on our website, we collect the data shown in the forms, and also the user’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam or attack detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and Job posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your data
All personal data (name, email, etc.) that users provide to Metropolitan via this website will be processed in accordance with legal obligations and will be incorporated in a digital database system created and maintained under the responsibility of Borlangue, with the aim of volunteering candidacies; apply for jobs published in the website or permitting contact with Metropolitan and in order to manage the newsletter, user queries or for the purpose of interacting with users in social networks.
Personal data will be kept during the period in which the business relationship exists or during the period of time necessary to comply with legal obligations. Data provided will be made available to registered companies or individuals using our services to publish Jobs Postings.
If the users register as candidates, we use their data to:
- Sign up for job offers. By registering for a job offer managed at Jobs for Expats, their CV will be visible to the company so that it can assess their candidacy. Sometimes companies prefer to save CVs in their own database.
- Be part of the CV database. On Jobs for Expats, companies not only post job offers. Some prefer to search CVs directly in our database.
- Use our instant messaging service. Please note that messages will be reviewed by an automatic process to prevent misuse. In the same way, we will be able to access the messages to improve our services or in the event of suspicious or illegal activity.
- Send messages to candidates at Jobs for Expats. We will send candidates communications that help us meet your objectives: confirmation of registration for offers, changes in the status of applications, among others.
- Send recommendations for job offers. We can send candidates the job offers that best suit their profile based on their CV, their job searches and their registrations.
- Send tips and news. We will inform candidates of improvements or news in our service, and we will send them tips to improve their CV or how to prepare an interview, for example.
- Company announcements. Sending personalized communications about third-party products and services that may be of interest to candidates based on their profile.
If the users register as employers, their data will be used to:
- Provide the contracted service, as well as answer the Company’s queries.
- Prevent abuse and fraud in the use of Jobs for Expats services (for example, fraudulent activities, denial of service attacks, sending spam, among others).
- Analyze current use of Jobs for Expats in order to develop and improve the operation our operations.
- Transfer data to public bodies and authorities, as long as they are required in accordance with legal and regulatory provisions.
- Sending satisfaction surveys in relation to the services provided to employers and the analysis and treatment of the information resulting from said surveys, including the possibility of contacting them in relation to the surveys that they voluntarily answer, for quality reasons.
Other than this purposes, Data will not be given to third parties except where there is a legal obligation to do so.
Additionally, by signing in using any social media button provided in our register or sign in procedures (namely Google, facebook, twitter, and LinkedIn ), you agree to let Borlangue store your profile in the aforementioned digital database of users.
Compliance With Laws
Exercising these rights does not affect in any way your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Borlangue has installed the appropriate technical and organizational security measures bearing in mind the risks involved in processing of data and in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
Our website uses several service providers to host and process data. These services are provided under clauses of confidentiality in compliance with GDPR. These service providers are: Telefónica Soluciones De Informática Y Comunicaciones De España S.A.U., HubSpot, Inc., and The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and take no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.